Solved

Viewing emails

• 6 January 2022
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Is there a way to view added emails to i.e an order like you can view photo’s and pdf’s by using a domain with control “Image upload” or “File upload” ?

icon

Best answer by Jasper 19 January 2022, 09:55

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

We have managed to make several email integrations. Both for the Windows and for the Web GUI.

Through a lot of trying we have come to a reasonable result, including smart links with other entities in the application. We mainly use the Previewer component, both for displaying the email body and for attachments.

I would say, displaying email messages is quite possible, but it is challenging to come up with a robust solution that also works intuitively for end users.

Send a PM if you would like to know more about our solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Peter, 

What GUI are you using? And do you make use of the Thinkwise Exchange connector, do you want to preview .msg files, or do you want to use another method here?

Badge +3

Goodmorning,

The most easy way (for now) for our ERP-users seems to save an incoming email as a .msg in a restricted directory and upload it to an order

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Peter,

The Preview component supports displaying .msg files. When using this component in a screen type, it will display a preview for the file, URL or previewable content in the first column of the relevant table. Does this answer your question? 

Badge +3

Yes, it does Jasper !  To use it in that way is good enough for now, thanx :)

Badge +3

Goodmorning,

Using the given solution and trying to view an uploaded msg-file results in an apparently “hangup” in the ERP caused by a dialog in Outlook. The reason seems to be that the request from the ERP comes from the server user and not from the user-login. Opening the msg-file directly from the desktop works fine, so how can I avoid this dialog ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’d like to refer you to a well written blog that highlights this problem. 

The pop-up is likely being displayed because your antivirus program is not active: it was manually disabled, or it has encountered a problem, .. And without an active antivirus program, Outlook 2016 and later will not allow any programs to consult e-mails, calendar and contact information.

Badge +3

Hi Anne, I understand the blog but this takes place on a (virtual) server, not a stand-alone PC. So changing these kind of settings is not an option. Thereby, my question remains why the explorer opens the msg-file without the dialog. Considering this part of the blog:
And without an active antivirus program, Outlook 2016 and later will not allow any program to consult e-mails, calendar and contact information.
Is the explorer not an “any program’ ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Peter, I can only assume that the Windows Explorer has exempt itself from the required security settings to preview an e-mail. 

Possible avenues to explore would include a installing and registering a different Shell Preview Handler for .msg files. They might be a bit hard to find as the .msg format is exclusive to Outlook.

Alternatively, Universal GUI does not have a dependency on the Windows Shell Preview Handler and also support previewing of .msg files.