Solved

The module 'A' depends on the missing object 'B'. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.

• 1 November 2021
  • 6 replies

I have a procedure B that is called by procedure A.

In Creation- Execute source code I do get warning: The module 'A' depends on the missing object 'B'. The module will still be created; however, it cannot run successfully until the object exists.

I had changed the Generation order no. on procedure A to 99 and on B it is 100 (Functionality)

but that did not do the trick.

How can I fix this?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 2 November 2021, 13:11

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marcel,

After changing the Generation order no value, did you re-generate definitions and generate source code? Thereafter the order should be fixed. Let me know! :wink:

Hi Mark,

Yes, I did re-generate definition, validate, generate source code and execute source code.

But it is not solved

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

But it is not solved

Hi Marcel,

Changing the generation order no in Functionality doesn't change the position in the Execute source code process. Not exactly sure what this value is used for but at least not for this :wink:  Sorry for the confusion.

You can change the Generation order no in Subroutines:

Generation order no = 150

In case you mean a Task, also here you can change the Generation order no:

Generation order no = 110

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Changing the generation order no in Functionality doesn't change the position in the Execute source code process. Not exactly sure what this value is used for but at least not for this :wink:  Sorry for the confusion.

This Generation order no (Functionality) is for the Generate definition process, the Generation order no's at the Objects (Tasks, Subroutines etc.) are for the position in the code files (during Execute source code).

Hi Mark, Thanks that works.