Some questions on the scheduler

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 384 replies

We have been working a bit with the scheduler and I have some questions on how to solve it or when it could be seen in the GUI. 

1. How can we have the date range in Portuguese localization?
  2. It appears that with the scheduler component there is nog update button, how can I refresh it? 
  3. Is there a way to dynamically color the bars?  In this case there are 2 distinct flows..  I want to give them a different color. And if I have 3 different flows I want 3 different colors for the tasks matching the flow. 
  4. Is there a way to show the day of the week that is shown? 
  5. Can you give weekends / holidays a background color?
  6. Can we zoom in smaller then days (I know that question has been asked before). 
  7. can the list on the left be a tree for example?  That you can show the main levels and expend to lower levels?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Alex Kerschkamp,

Zooming in smaller than days is not yet possible to my knowledge.

The Universal GUI scheduler is currently quite a basic scheduler and does indeed not support everything that the extender offers for the Windows and Web GUI. We are intending on implementing the Scheduler natively into the Software Factory so that Universal GUI can use those settings. This will come with more available settings and should make it all more understandable in what is and is not supported.

Hi @rbiram ,

The Display column is the Look-up display columns as specified in Subjects > [table] > Settings: Display column field.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Freddy,

How can we have the date range in Portuguese localization?

I think this is currently set to English and cannot be translated into another language. I'll follow-up on this.

It appears that with the scheduler component there is no update button, how can I refresh it? 

The scheduler most likely uses the same Refresh button as the subject. By hiding the buttons that would refresh the subject, you will be unable to refresh the scheduler by clicking the button. I'll follow-up on this too.

Is there a way to dynamically color the bars?  In this case there are 2 distinct flows..  I want to give them a different color. And if I have 3 different flows I want 3 different colors for the tasks matching the flow. 

Is there a way to show the day of the week that is shown? 

Most likely not in the current component. I'll ask the team if this is possible.

Can you give weekends / holidays a background color?

I'll ask the team if this is possible.

Can we zoom in smaller then days (I know that question has been asked before). 

I haven't seen this work, but I'll ask the team if this is possible.

Can the list on the left be a tree for example?  That you can show the main levels and expend to lower levels?

That would be really nice I think, but I'll ask the team if this is possible, planned or an idea is needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Freddy @Alex Kerschkamp We need the Hour timescale too, just raised an Idea here: 

Please add your - and your team's - votes!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi all,

I have another questions about the scheduler in the universal gui. Instead of making a new topic I thought it'd be a good idea to place it here.

Currently we have two ‘name’ columns. One for the ‘resources’ and one for the ‘task’ or activity. The documentation says the following: ‘The title of the activity is determined by the Display column. I was wondering what is meant by the ‘Display’ column. 

As you can see in the example below both the resource and the task are displayed with the same name column (production_line_name):

Thanks,

Rony

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Can we zoom in smaller then days (I know that question has been asked before). 

I haven't seen this work, but I'll ask the team if this is possible

….

Hi Mark, Freddy,

Our team is also very interested in the answer to this question. As we understand it, the Extender makes this possible for Schedulers using the Windows GUI, but Universal does not offer this functionality. Do we understand this correctly?

Best regards,
Alex