Solved

set task dialog width and height

• 13 December 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

We are trying to design a task that has a lot of arranged parameters.
The problem we run into is that when the task starts the width of the dialog isn't calculated on the widest row of parameters, effectively pushing them to different tabpages.
Same with the height.
We can set the desired width of the dialog but in that case TW pushes a field to the next column messing up the layout.
Hope my explanation is clear.. Pictures are probably a better way to show it :)

When I manually resize the dialog all falls into place:

Any ideas on how to do this?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 14 December 2021, 07:38

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi, Does this truly have to be a task? Couldn't a Formlist and View combined with Instead of trigger be a good alternative? 

I don't think this is currently doable in a Task, at least not pretty. Would be pretty cool if it did though. Maybe it is possible but since I don't know your model it's going to be pretty hard to judge that.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Mark,
We thought of using a form with a view and are still considering it if the task doesn't work.
We choose the task because we currently already have a similar task so we are trying to keep the user experience as similar as possible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I don't think this will work as expected as you seem to need a lot of formcolumns. But you could try putting only three fields after each other, then starting a new formcolumn and put again three fields after each other on the same level as the first formcolumn, and so on till all fields have a spot. 

Would that suffice?

For context, A-Z being the formcolumn, 1-9 task parameter field

Old task popup:

A1-A2-A3-A4-A5-A6-A7-A8-A9

New task popup:

A1-A2-A3  B4-B5-B6  C7-C8-C9

You can use this setting to achieve this:

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Alban_T ,

Did you manage to find a solution to the challenge or is this question still open?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Mark,

We ended up using a formlist which works great!