Solved

Send report to several persons

• 16 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

I am looking for a nice solution to do two things: save a report to PDF and send it to someone. 

The 'Autonomously generate report and send it by e-mail’-example is great, but as for as I know is that only suitable if you want to send a report to one receiver.

I have a table with over 300 persons, and I want to generate a report per person (parameter is per person different), save it and send it to their mail adress.

For now I have the following process flow to loop through the list and save the report:

With this flow it takes a bit of time to generate and save each report, so the user cannot do anything. Best thing is to move it to Indicium, so the only thing the user has to do is to start the Table task (and that calls Indicium to start the generate report / mail report flow).

What is the best way to achieve such a ‘loop through list’-feature in Indicium?

icon

Best answer by PatrickW 17 November 2022, 15:34

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

For now I have this system flow and it works. A schedule for every second (or something) is a bit overkill because this flow will run monthly (or even less).

I have created a table with a checkbox on each row to see if the mail has been sent.

In the Decision I provide a new parameter to the report and in the Process procedure of the SMTP connector I am updating the row to set the checkbox to yes. If there isn't any row left, the flow will stop.

Thanks for all the input!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

If you have a system flow in Indicium you can repeat it for every report; if you set the schedule to 1 second for example, every second one email will be sent. In that case you won't have to create a loop in the flow, the schedule in Indicium is a loop of it's own.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Can you give me an example how i can loop through a list of items in Indicium?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In addition to my previous reply, I think I misunderstood. The 'Autonomously generate report and send it by e-mail’-example is indeed one email to one address, but of course you can loop through the entire process flow to generate new reports and send new emails every loop.

You can have a decision node that decides if a new loop should be initiated or that the flow has finished.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Patrick,

You can send one email to multiple recipients using the SMTP connector.

From the Docs:

To recipients Optional. A list of email addresses separated by semi-colons. These addresses appear in the TO field of the email.
CC recipients Optional. A list of email addresses separated by semi-colons. These addresses appear in the CC field of the email.
BCC recipients Optional. A list of email addresses separated by semi-colons. These addresses appear in the BCC field of the email.