Solved

Resource scheduler - delete appointment

• 3 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

How can i delete an appointment (execute task) ?

icon

Best answer by Roel 10 November 2022, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hey Matteo,

Could you maybe share a screenshot of the full GUI so that we can get a better picture of what you're trying to achieve?

Currently I would tend to answer that you should be able to just use the regular delete button or you can maybe assign a task that will allow you to do this, but it's hard to tell without knowing the full picture of your situation.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

If i press DEL button on task, nothing happens. I don’t know how to link ‘del’ operation to a TSF task.

On Full Model → Extenders → resource_scheduler i do not see the option.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello Matteo,

There is an extended property for this called DeleteAppointmentTaskScheduler to which you can assign the name of the task that has to be executed. It is a Global Settings extended property so this task will be the same for every scheduler you may use.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Roel

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Global settings on IAM? Why there? should i configure it into all my customer’s IAM? Same task for all ‘resource_scheduler’ extenders?

I think it should be configured as an extender property for each resource_scheduler extender, because the task should not be the same (my opinion, for example I use the schedulere for production planning and appointments, but the delete Task has to do different operations)

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hey Matteo,

Yes, it can only be done in the IAM Global Settings for now. Ideally this setting would indeed be in the extender settings next to the other appointment tasks. But upgrading these extender settings is harder than it seems so for now this is what it is.

So these settings have to be added in all of your customer IAM's. To make this easier you could write SQL code for this in the Post Sync script which is executed after synchronizing to IAM. This can be added in the 'Post synchronization code’ tab under Deployment Package in IAM, e.g.

insert global_configuration_extended_property
(
global_configuration_id,
extended_property_id,
property_value
)
select
'default',
'DeleteAppointmentTaskScheduler',
'<task_name>'
where not exists
(
select 1
from global_configuration_extended_property
where global_configuration_id = 'default'
and extended_property_id = 'DeleteAppointmentTaskScheduler'
)

The <task_name> can of course differ for each customer and also the implementation of the task can be various between customers, because we only set the name for the task, not the implementation for the task.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Roel