Solved

Parameter papersource when using Start Report in a Proces flow

• 1 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I am trying to set the Printer tray value of the Start Report action in a proces flow. I am unable to do so. I use a process parameter with datatype nvarchar to fill the “ Papersource name”  property of the report, but it turns up empty every time. Manually I can set 3 different values. What do I need to do to select one of these values through a variable? (FYI: I am able to set the no of copies, printer name, report action etc, it’s just the tray that doesn’t work).

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 10 March 2023, 15:14

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

Could you change the datatype to Varchar and see if that helps? Could you share the configuration of the Start report process action input and where exactly you are setting a value for this parameter? Lastly, does the Process flow monitor in the Windows GUI give any indication that the value is set?

Hope it's simply the datatype, that would be an easy fix then 😄

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Mark,

I already deleted the process flow so I recreated it, using only varchars and INT. No easy fix so far, it still doesn't work.

The flow:

The process variables:

no_copies ; datatype  aantal (INT)
printer_naam  ;  varchar_10000
report_action  ;  aantal
tray_naam  ;  varchar_10000

The start task:

I have entered the desired values as a default; I also tried leaving them blank.

Result, start task:

Result after clicking Uitvoeren:

So, no trayname, but I am able to choose it:

I tried to type the words, copy paste etc, nothing seems to work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

I can't seem to replicate it and sadly do not have the time to investigate this thoroughly. If this is still an issue, can you create a ticket for this? Our support team can help you out with this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Hugo,

Sorry for the late reply. I'm trying to reproduce the pop-ups but I do not get to see the parameter that sets the Papersource name. Can you share the model configuration for the Report parameters?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Task parameters:

Report parameters: