Solved

Localize devexpress report

• 5 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

I am using the DevExpress report application provided by thinkwise. I want to localize my report so I can export it in multiple languages. The report is for invoices.

I found this link in the docs: https://docs.devexpress.com/XtraReports/401573/detailed-guide-to-devexpress-reporting/globalize-and-localize-reports/localize-reports

However I cannot find this option in the devexpress provided by ThinkWise. Any suggestions on how to achieve localization?

icon

Best answer by Marc Ferket 20 January 2022, 10:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

I also don't see this available in the TSF DevExpress Report Designer. An alternative way could be to either create a Textbox for every language per field and suppressing those fields based on which language is given via a parameter, or another way is by (almost) completely formatting the Report in your end product in a HTML document, then transferring that in a parameter to the report and showing that. That does mean all translations have to be given in the HTML.

Sounds like a good idea, feel free to create it! I do think more fellow Community members can use this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@pvleeuwen I haven't been able to find the Idea yet, feel free to create one as this topic is not suitable to be converted to an Idea. Please create a reply with a link to the idea and mark it as Best answer. Thanks!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi,

I also don't see this available in the TSF DevExpress Report Designer. An alternative way could be to either create a Textbox for every language per field and suppressing those fields based on which language is given via a parameter….”

The solution we use is a variation of the first alternative. We have placed text boxes for each label containing a field from a view. With this view we make sure that we have the language-dependent label texts available.
In this way, the translations are available in multiple reports and are easy to maintain.