Solved

Is there a way to hide the translation of Task buttons, to only show the icons?

• 4 January 2022
  • 7 replies

In universal GUI, is there a way  to hide the translation of Task buttons, to only show the icons?

icon

Best answer by Spyros.Neofytou 3 February 2022, 13:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Do you mean you want to hide the mouse over labels? 

We would like to have the task to only show the icon with the tooltip showing the translation/label

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

This is currently not possible. Can you explain why you want to do this? The tasks already autosize depending on the space available. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Spyros.Neofytou I would actually like to have this option too, the default Task buttons can be disturbingly big in the interface. I would often like it better if they look similar to the Action (Add/Update/Refresh/Delete) buttons. I will definitely vote if you raise an Idea.

@Erwin Ekkel I actually think that current behavior (where they change to smaller icons if there is less space) is confusing to the end users: in some screens they see the larger icon, in other screens the smaller one (if there are multiple Tasks), this feels inconsistent and requires more training effort.

Please note Shawn is my colleague, so what he mentions should be considered to be my response also.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

@Shawn Adrian Diño @Spyros.Neofytou Are you guys planning on raising an Idea for this? Then please provide the link in this topic, so we'll raise some votes!

As a workaround: one thing you could already do is use a space only for the translation, but of course then the tooltip is also empty.

@Arie V and @Erwin Ekkel  i have created the idea 

Please vote for it if you desire.