Solved

Improve Show message in process flows

• 13 November 2021
  • 5 replies

I have set up a process flow in which I build a dynamic message within a task and store it as a process variable. It is not possible to input content directly to the Show message from a process variable, only in the Translation within Messages.

In Messages I can link different replies to the message with a status value. Unfortunately I cannot directly control the process flow from the output and I first have to place a Decision to manage my flow. It would also make the decision redundant. In short, it feels like a fairly underpowered option compared to, for example, the http connector.

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 15 November 2021, 10:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Rolf,

You should be able to use {variable_name} inside your Message translation to show the value of the variable: Docs link

Also you can use Message options to let Proces flows continue in different paths based on the user's choice. Inside the process procedure of the Show message you can decide which path(s) should be followed. In case you only have a Yes and No option, you can use the green and red arrow of the Process flow designer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Updated idea statusNewNeeds feedback

Hi Mark,

I've included the {variable} in the translation which currently works fine in the Windows GUI.

The message is after a task, with the option "Wijzigen" the user wants to go back to the previous task. Assigning a path depending on a Status code of the linked message is unfortunately not yet immediately possible and perhaps something to add.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Rolf,

With that I guess the first part of your wish is solved. The translation works in the Windows GUI. In the Universal GUI I believe it is currently not possible but the team does know about it and will implement/fix it when it gets the appropriate priority.

In the process procedure of the Show message you can decide which path should be followed based on the value of Status code. With an IF statement like the following you can set the different path to true/false:

if @status_code = 1
begin
set @path1 = 1 --Go this way / Go back to Task

set @path2 = 0 --Do not execute this
set @path3 = 0 --Do not execute this
end
else if @status_code = 0
begin
set @path2 = 1 --Go this way / Continue process flow

set @path1 = 0 --Do not execute this
set @path3 = 0 --Do not execute this
end
else -- Negative -1
begin
set @path3 = 1 --Go this way / Stop process flow

set @path1 = 0 --Do not execute this
set @path2 = 0 --Do not execute this
end

Hypothetical process flow design:

Example process variables - process procedure on Show message process action:

Available process variables based on pathways in Design

Can you confirm this is what you are looking for?

Thanks again for your quick response Mark.
This is indeed what I was looking for, thanks for that.