How does a report preview in Indicium (Basic) work?

• 21 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

By previewing a (Crystal) report in the Indicium (Basic) GUI the following error appears:

:negative_squared_cross_mark: [err] System.Exception: Failed to execute report 'rpt_quotation_bags' using action 'PrintPreview'. 
---> CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.LogOnException:
De aanmelding bij de database is mislukt. 

---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException:
De aanmelding bij de database is mislukt.

Perform this action from the Windows GUI there is a Host and Database displayed in the debugger. In the debug screen of Indicium there is just a report-URL request without any Host and Database information, is this correct or also the crux of the problem? What am I missing?

Above → Indicium Basic GUI and below → Windows GUI

Mark Jongeling 2 years ago

Could you login with the pool user account via the Win GUI without Indicium and then try the print preview again? If that succeeds, then it has to be that the credentials in the appsettings.json are incorrect or differ from the login credentials for the pool user in the SQL Server.

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Dennis, I believe Indicium will try to log in on the database to obtain the data needed to generate the report. The "De aanmelding bij de database is mislukt.” error looks to me like the pool user (Indicium) does not have the rights to access the database. Can you check that?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hey Mark, 

The "De aanmelding bij de database is mislukt.” error looks to me like the pool user (Indicium) does not have the rights to access the database. Can you check that?

The pool user is sysadmin on the server so that shouldn't be the problem. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Could you login with the pool user account via the Win GUI without Indicium and then try the print preview again? If that succeeds, then it has to be that the credentials in the appsettings.json are incorrect or differ from the login credentials for the pool user in the SQL Server.