Solved

Grid row height grid vs formlist field height

• 14 October 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
I am attempting to set a grid and a formlist side by side in such a way that the lines and fields of both line up perfectly. I set a grid row height of 34 pixels and a formlist field height of 33 pixels. This makes the rows of both appear equal in height. However the formlist is shifted downward somewhat.

I have already attempted to tweak both field height and height between fields in the form settings but that doesn't produce the result I am after.

Is there another option I can try?
icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 14 October 2019, 09:50

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Roland,

The only thing I can come up with is putting the list in his own Tab page container, like the Form is. That makes both the list and form in their own Tab page container and will result in them being at the same level I believe.

It should look a bit like this:

Hope this can help you out πŸ˜‰
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Roland,

Any special need to use a grid here?

Have you though about putting the "omschrijving" column inside the Formlist, so you don't need a grid at all?

Regards, Erik
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hi Erik,

Yes I did put the "omschrijving" column in the formlist first but the disadvantage is that with the formlist being editable by default these fields switch between bold text and a read-only form field on mouse hovers. Using the solution in the image prevents that, with the added advantage that it's possible to use the list as a selector for the detail tab "geschiedenis" behind it.

Actually the original reason to use a formlist were radio buttons (see this topic). I've replaced those with check marks because unfortunately radio buttons cannot be made editable by default (which I believe to be a bug and is reported as such in TCP last week). I will probably turn this whole thing into a simple grid now. I've already tested with a default procedure to turn the "goedgekeurd" and "afgekeurd" columns into pseudo radio buttons (checking one automatically unchecks the other) and that seems to work.

Still I was hoping for both the grid and the formlist to have more compatible layouts so that in the future when radio buttons are (hopefully) editable by default I could apply these in grid-like tabs.

I think the underlying problem is that the "height between fields" value in subject settings adds padding to all rows of the formlist including the top row. If it would skip the top row then I think this issue would be solved.
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Hey Roland,

The only thing I can come up with is putting the list in his own Tab page container, like the Form is. That makes both the list and form in their own Tab page container and will result in them being at the same level I believe.

Hope this can help you out πŸ˜‰

Hi Mark,

Thanks but it didn't change the result unfortunately. 🙂
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
The behaviour of the radiobuttons indeed is a bug which we will resolve in the near future.

To put the "omschrijving" inside the formlist without being able to modify it, you can change the Control type of the columns domain to "label" in the SF.

I think, seeing your screenshot, the rows are equal in height, but the formlist contains more padding around it or the controls are different aligned vertically in a row.

It's not recommended to try to align screen component this way pixel perfect, because we can not guaranty you it will be in all our products this way and maybe even not in the same product.

I hope you are satisfied with the current solution you have found, and hopefully the formlist offers you a even better solution later, after the bug is resolved.

Maybe you could bring on some ideas to improve the formlist to get the desired solution.

Regards, Erik
Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Control type β€œlabel”, got it! Still learning something new every day. :) As soon as I find the time I will try and formulate my wishes around finetuning formlists. Thank you!