Solved

Geocoder MapQuest

• 13 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

To my knowledge, the SF supports the following geocoders: Google Maps, Open Street Map, MapQuest and HERE WeGo. At the moment we are using the SF Maps extender with Geocoder MapQuest to translate address to coordinates. 

Geocoder MapQuest

The address is verified and correct, when we search this in Google Maps the correct location is shown. 

User interface control: Google maps

:negative_squared_cross_mark:  The address "Savelveld 25, 6039 SB, Stramproy" is displayed in America while this is an address in The Netherlands. Probably the coordinates are being generated incorrectly but how can I get the JSON generated by the extender for the MapQuest API? 

{ "CoordSets": [ [ { "Lon": "-100.445882", "Lat": "39.78373" } ] ] }

We have had the same problem in the past with the free version of HERE WeGo. Is this problem also recognized in the other Geocoders?  

icon

Best answer by Dennis van Leeuwen 14 July 2021, 09:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

On second thought, I will contact MapQuest directly. The coordinates I get generated and returned by the API are incorrect. That the marker is then positioned incorrectly is a logical consequence. 

{ "CoordSets": [ [ { "Lon": "5.711368", "Lat": "51.200246" } ] ] }
{ "CoordSets": [ [ { "Lon": "-100.445882", "Lat": "39.78373" } ] ] }

:ballot_box_with_check: As a workaround I manipulated these specific coordinates by overwriting them.