Solved

Generate report not outputting anything

• 2 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi!

I want to generate reports and save them locally. One process flow fetches the shipping_order_id from the table and sends it to my system flow which consists (more specifically: consisted) the generate report and write file process actions.

This actually worked a while ago. I tested  the processes with Postman and variable shipping_order_ids and still get the HTTP response 204.

A decision is used to log the output of the process action and the variable shipping_order_ids. I ‘dissected’ the entire system flow until I came to the conclusion that the generate report process action was not outputting anything. 

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 2 February 2023, 12:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi,

Couple of questions:

1. What is the Report type, and is the connected File a valid report of that type?
  2. What is the Report action of the Report? Is that, for example, Export to pdf?
  3. What is the datatype of the process variable file_data_name? That should be a varbinary(max).
  4. Does the Indicium log give any indication something went wrong during the generation of the report?

Hope we can find the issue together 😄

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Mark thanks for the quick response

I don’t know if it has any correlation but we also experienced some more problems with (DevExpress) reports since updated to inidicium 2023.1. Reports which worked fine for 1 year were ignoring some expression fields in the cells after the update, therefore we had to fix adjust those expressions.

1. The report type is DevExpress Reports. The same report can be printed manually and this works fine, 0 problems.
  2. The report action is print preview.
  3. The datatype of fila_data_name is indeed varbinary(max)
  4. The indicium log gives the following error:

[ERR] Process action "generate_report_rpt_shipping_order" in processflow "table_shipping_order_save_report_system_flow" in application 4811 threw an exception. (571360e4)
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (The daemon process has indicated that it has failed to start properly and has sent the following error:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi Ezgi,

Can you redownload Indicium and redeploy it from TCP?

There was an error during the build on our server causing DevExpress reports to not work correctly.

This has been corrected 25 Januari. The version number didn't change but the corruption has been fixed.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Dick, 

Thank you.
We’ll redownload Indicium, redeploy it from TCP and check if the problems are solved.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Redownloading Indicium and redeploying solved our problem with the DevExpress reports. The ‘generate report’ process action also works as before.
Thank you all! 😊