Filter form dropdown (related table) empty when starting empty with filter.

• 30 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 384 replies

How can I have an empty grid (to start with) and a dropdown from a related table?  Now it stays empty, because I guess there is not information shown yet in the list. 

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

I can now see that this is created as a result of having this related table in the filter. Is there a way to just have it look at the related table?  And not create something like below. Would a select from the related table with perhaps an exist in context table be more performant? 

SELECT t1.[natureza_juridica], t1.[lookup_955552244]
FROM
(
SELECT t1.[natureza_juridica], t1.[lookup_955552244]
FROM
(
SELECT t1.[ativo], t1.[natureza_juridica], t2.[descricao] AS [lookup_955552244]
FROM [empresa_view] t1
LEFT OUTER JOIN [natureza_juridica] t2
ON t1.[natureza_juridica] = t2.[natureza_juridica]
) t1
WHERE t1.[ativo] = @p0
GROUP BY t1.[natureza_juridica], t1.[lookup_955552244]
) t1
ORDER BY t1.[lookup_955552244] ASC
Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Freddy,

It seems like we missed the question, is this still a relevant challenge or have you solved it? I do feel like, if this doesn’t function the way you have set it up, it's either a bug (if it worked before but not anymore) or an idea.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi Freddy,

It seems like we missed the question, is this still a relevant challenge or have you solved it? I do feel like, if this doesn’t function the way you have set it up, it's either a bug (if it worked before but not anymore) or an idea.

Still relevant.. And don't think you can set this up. Apparently it's the way it's engineered by Thinkwise. But it should be an option to use the combo/REF or to only show the values in the result-set (what it is now)…  

If you start the screen with empty filter, you have no options to choose from at the moment. So it's a bug from one side, and an idea from the other :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think this is an idea to create😉