Solved

file upload control not working in Universal gu

• 10 November 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I am trying to upload a file using a simple task with a input parameter using the file upload control. Using the windows and webgui everything works fine, but in the universal gui it does not. I tried to use a file system and ftp storage location, this makes no difference, the universal gui fails. Sometimes I receive a file_upload_not_finished error, sometimes the second error shown below. In case of the second error and ftp storage there is the following entry in the error logs:

[ERR] Failed to get E-Tag for file path ftp://ftp.****.nl/test/2022-0267.xml. (88ca394d)

Currently using:

Indicium 2022.2.15

Webgui 2022.2.14

Windows gui 2022.2.14

Universal gui 2022.2.14

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 14 November 2022, 12:12

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Hugo,

Are you setting the file task parameter in a default procedure or expression query by any chance or are you exclusively using the file upload control?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Vincent,

I am using the file upload exclusively. There is no task default and the parameter has no default value. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Hugo,

Can you create a ticket for this issue and attach Indicium’s error log file containing the full error message? Preferably I would like to see the error message when File System storage is used as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

In addition, we did some improvements to task execution in combination with file uploaded in the 2022.2.15.0 release of the Universal GUI. Fixing some crashes and to prevent bad_request errors.

We suggest to upgrade to that version. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Ok, thanks. I will upgrade first and then try again. if the problems persist I will create a ticket.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Upgrading to 2022.2.15 did help. Everything is working fine now, both file system and ftp. Thanks for the help.