DevExpress not working in webgui

• 1 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

When I try to preview a report (DevExpress, 1.40) using the webgui (2021.2.17) the following error is displayed:

Invalid viewstate. 

Invalid viewstate. 
    Client IP: xxxxxxxxxx
    Port: 63529
    Referer: https://pro.binatic.nl/binatic_test/Login.aspx
    Path: /binatic_test/Login.aspx
    User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/92.0.4515.159 Safari/537.36
    ViewState: npvjK4hx07p4HHbSmFs3+kRjjtnnaNoqNhgUNZflgy5W87G3O79y7FdsOH96YH/X/fuLnDuqrr48REVmuUl9LrXsWvkUDQ9+YPu6GvwLZ+fnUhcVIBb2Cx4wN69HmHPjiZZi7PJHIw+NtPb2UHlEGbr4UuMJnQep/yInH9TxU4YensjY85b+6zFhZvZ50bjIeC7gKk0MVQWLo2UHMzfIpZEoJrApAnuFg/7c5trmxy8kOH+AZvf5+QxW0y7Ilhw6gJzRZGS4+urKhRd8M73pIAX4WtYFSDzUHRCeKiUhHqcqEq8y+RvGMNvZmWdBqTswPKQz6ARxyI0z0q1N8pKspZhxX5x7ck9aYN89JZyV+NICzxqGYAZrLGHECavOd+SeB/NqjxDjh+SFuQIdedF9Yu9vHKlClvg/8uk2ANfOCLFImI0uJL70foZ7zjOGhTRRexhpcZgyl1NEdFMtGkHFjzSe5AFYvKRj0IjwjJVOkcN29inWh3gHkyP+sTzJTH65SYoClLk/v0r51WHmsKyaWZoPT+TNV3KoMXTstEmlVzlTIZdDKHC5Rx99roZHfnTDsRZ3nRCJS+RRG6aw1yGefPNsDfJ9hq3sxnmkPs96tCnuaWX37576w9L6GEU7z73woucDUVG8WgjKNlkLG6KxaCA2a92uv5ug1Kdo4TEHk6kVrUs50q+YjfwW+nVebdsf7wNXgP9g4/daO7a9+NFM7KabsjadOuCkeSQ70Zbo...

System.Web.UI.ViewStateException

When I try to export it to pdf the following error is displayed:

Access to the path 'C:\windows\TEMP\Saldilijst' is denied.

Access to the path 'C:\windows\TEMP\Saldilijst' is denied.
Stack trace
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, Object dirSecurityObj, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectoryHelper(String path, Boolean checkHost)
   at TSF_ASP_dotNET.Code.Modal.TaskReport.ReportModalObjectWeb.<>c__DisplayClass7_5.<execute>b__10()
   at Thinkwise.Shared.FileUtils.ExecuteCodeWithoutImpersonation(Action action)
   at TSF_ASP_dotNET.Code.Modal.TaskReport.ReportModalObjectWeb.execute()

It looks like an authorization error but why is the webgui trying to create a temp report in the windows\temp directory? Isn't it supposed to use the app_data folder in the webgui directory?

The preview works fine in the desktop gui by the way. Using platform version 2021.2, all hotfixes applied.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

We've created ticket 2299S in TCP to investigate this further.

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello Hugo,

We've fixed this issue partially. For more information you can check ticket 2299S. 
In short: This issue could be reproduced in 2 seperate ways, the first being the print preview functionality which is from devexpress, in this previewer you could also export to html or pdf for example. We couldn't change this dialog from saving to the temp folder (it uses the enviorment variable for the temp folder, for example %temp%). 
The second part is when you configured the report to export without showing a print preview. The bug is fixed for this scenario, and now will use the App_Data folder in the web gui folder.

I hope we have answered your question

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Problem solverd by granting the proper right to the folder. Question remains why i need access to windows\temp when using the webgui.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi Hugo,

Did you happen to set the CachePath extended property to C:\Windows\Temp for your application?

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Jasper,

No, I did not set the CachePath property.