Solved

Asking for Indicium legacy Logs

• 18 January 2023
  • 6 replies

I have a question regarding the (error)logs from indicium and indicium legacy. It is really easy to look into the indicium logs via the HTMLpage: However, the error logs for Legacy are not available in the same way. Is it possible for TW to create a link via the HTMLpage?

(TW_att_1 and TW_att_2)

Also, how can we enable the logs on the legacy server?

(TW_att_3)

For us it is pretty complicated to access the windows logs and only 2 people are able to access it. The most errors for us happen on Legacy, so we want to be able to see those logs easily instead of using the windows logs.

Kind regards, Loes

icon

Best answer by Dick van den Brink 18 January 2023, 14:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I do not have an estimate for the Windows GUI on Indicium Universal.
Regards,

Dick van den Brink

“From the attachment you uploaded, I understand you don't get the log directory at all for Indicium Legacy?” - Indeed.
“In that case, does the application pool user has write access to create a "Logs" directory and create files?” - We’re going to try that

“We are working on getting the Windows GUI available to connect to Indicium Universal” - Do you have an estimate timing for release?  We’ve heard that before and that would be really nice for us, because now we use both Indicium and Indicium Legacy. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

From the attachment you uploaded, I understand you don't get the log directory at all for Indicium Legacy?
In that case, does the application pool user has write access to create a "Logs" directory and create files?

Hi, I reattached the images

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Sadly enough, downloading the logs with a request is not possible with Indicium Basic (previously Legacy).
Development is currently focussed on Indicium Universal.

According to our Runtime component lifecycle (which can be found here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/kb/lifecycle_policy#runtime-component-lifecycle-status), Indicium Basic has the status EoD and new features won't be implemented by default anymore.

Note: We are working on getting the Windows GUI available to connect to Indicium Universal, (the Windows GUI is probably the reason Indicum Basic is still used in your case).

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Loes,

You can download the Error log by navigating to the Indicium URL and logging in as Administrator. For example, this could be either something like https://address.com/indicium

Besides that, the attachments failed to upload sadly. Can you reupload them? You can also place these images Inline inside your reply.