Solved

Approve a set of translations each branch? "Translation is unverified"

• 28 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

We've recently updated to SF2021.1 and I noticed the following validation continiously returned:

Even when I approved the translations, merged to trunk, created a new branch from the trunk, the new branch also contains this message. I found out the translations are not approved in the base project “GUI_TRANSL”. Is it save to approve them there? I didn't expect to approve new translations according to the upgrade blog.

https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/blog/2020/11/26/2021_1.html#upgrade-validations

​​​​

icon

Best answer by Erwin Ekkel 29 January 2021, 09:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

I will create a bug for this so this will be solved in a future release. For now you can safely approve the translations in GUI_TRANSL so you won't get the translation validation messages anymore.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

As indicated in the above message, we've fixed this retroactively in the latest Universal translations hotfix which has just been released. We've also ensured that it works properly for new hotfixes in the future.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We periodically add some new translations for our Universal GUI in a hotfix. We recently started doing this in a more efficient way. However, this new method does not take into account that new translations must be approved immediately. 

We are going to fix this retroactively in the next Universal translations hotfix, which is scheduled for February 17th. From then on we will of course also ensure that it works properly for new hotfixes.

Hope to have informed you sufficiently, apologies for the inconvenience.