Solved

All application (content) queries fail (error 500)

• 20 March 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16
  • Thinkwise Local Partner Brasil
  • 386 replies

I have migrated several projects to our new server, and one gives me errors on all application queries (500).  Model queries work fine.. So I see the GUI, but never content. And the Indicium error log gives me always the error below.. There is no other logging. 

2023-03-20T12:12:59.6648608+00:00 0HMP82PVQTH55:00000002 [ERR] An unhandled exception occurred while processing the request. (ffba027a)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Indicium.Licensing.LicenseChecker.AllowApplicationAccess() in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Licensing\LicenseChecker.cs:line 100
at Indicium.OData.MetaSourceApiModelCache.GetApiModel(String metaSourceAliasOrID, String guiApplAliasOrID, TSFRequestContext requestContext, ISession userSession, Boolean refreshModel) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\OData\MetaSourceApiModelCache.cs:line 71
at Indicium.Shared.Telemetry.ServerTimings.ServerTimingsBuilder.Capture[T](String key, Func`1 action) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\Telemetry\ServerTimings\ServerTimingsBuilder.cs:line 47
at Indicium.OData.ODataRouteValueTransformer.TransformAsync(HttpContext httpContext, RouteValueDictionary values) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\OData\ODataRouteValueTransformer.cs:line 209
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Routing.DynamicControllerEndpointMatcherPolicy.ApplyAsync(HttpContext httpContext, CandidateSet candidates)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.Matching.DfaMatcher.SelectEndpointWithPoliciesAsync(HttpContext httpContext, IEndpointSelectorPolicy[] policies, CandidateSet candidateSet)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointRoutingMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitMatch|8_1(EndpointRoutingMiddleware middleware, HttpContext httpContext, Task matchTask)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Session.SessionMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
at Indicium.Middleware.Security.AuthenticationHeadersMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Authentication\AuthenticationHeadersMiddleware.cs:line 48
at Indicium.Middleware.Security.SecurityHeadersMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, ContentSecurityPolicyBuilder cspBuilder) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Security\SecurityHeadersMiddleware.cs:line 55
at Indicium.Middleware.Messages.TSFMessagesMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IRootApplicationLoader rootApplicationLoader, TSFRequestContext requestContext) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Messages\TSFMessageMiddleware.cs:line 45
at Indicium.Middleware.Telemetry.ServerTimings.ServerTimingsMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, ServerTimingsBuilder serverTimingsBuilder) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Telemetry\ServerTimings\ServerTimingsMiddleware.cs:line 43
at Indicium.Middleware.ExceptionHandlingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, TSFRequestContext requestContext) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\ExceptionHandlingMiddleware.cs:line 84
2023-03-20T12:12:59.6772063+00:00 0HMP82PVQTH56:00000002 [ERR] An unhandled exception occurred while processing the request. (ffba027a)
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Indicium.Licensing.LicenseChecker.AllowApplicationAccess() in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Licensing\LicenseChecker.cs:line 100
at Indicium.OData.MetaSourceApiModelCache.GetApiModel(String metaSourceAliasOrID, String guiApplAliasOrID, TSFRequestContext requestContext, ISession userSession, Boolean refreshModel) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\OData\MetaSourceApiModelCache.cs:line 71
at Indicium.Shared.Telemetry.ServerTimings.ServerTimingsBuilder.Capture[T](String key, Func`1 action) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium.Shared\Telemetry\ServerTimings\ServerTimingsBuilder.cs:line 47
at Indicium.OData.ODataRouteValueTransformer.TransformAsync(HttpContext httpContext, RouteValueDictionary values) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\OData\ODataRouteValueTransformer.cs:line 209
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Routing.DynamicControllerEndpointMatcherPolicy.ApplyAsync(HttpContext httpContext, CandidateSet candidates)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.Matching.DfaMatcher.SelectEndpointWithPoliciesAsync(HttpContext httpContext, IEndpointSelectorPolicy[] policies, CandidateSet candidateSet)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Routing.EndpointRoutingMiddleware.<Invoke>g__AwaitMatch|8_1(EndpointRoutingMiddleware middleware, HttpContext httpContext, Task matchTask)
at Microsoft.AspNetCore.ResponseCompression.ResponseCompressionMiddleware.InvokeCore(HttpContext context)
at Indicium.Middleware.Security.AuthenticationHeadersMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Authentication\AuthenticationHeadersMiddleware.cs:line 48
at Indicium.Middleware.Security.SecurityHeadersMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, ContentSecurityPolicyBuilder cspBuilder) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Security\SecurityHeadersMiddleware.cs:line 55
at Indicium.Middleware.Messages.TSFMessagesMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, IRootApplicationLoader rootApplicationLoader, TSFRequestContext requestContext) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Messages\TSFMessageMiddleware.cs:line 45
at Indicium.Middleware.Telemetry.ServerTimings.ServerTimingsMiddleware.InvokeAsync(HttpContext context, ServerTimingsBuilder serverTimingsBuilder) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\Telemetry\ServerTimings\ServerTimingsMiddleware.cs:line 43
at Indicium.Middleware.ExceptionHandlingMiddleware.Invoke(HttpContext context, TSFRequestContext requestContext) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Middleware\ExceptionHandlingMiddleware.cs:line 84

icon

Best answer by Vincent Doppenberg 20 March 2023, 14:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello Freddy,

I think your license in IAM may be empty:

select license
from global_settings

You should see messages regarding this in Indicium's error log. It should state that it attempted to retrieve a license but failed. Can you check this?

It has a license..  however the mentioned database and server don't match up anymore. (I've divided the old IAM into 2 new ones (PoC and Demo) ..  can this be the issue then?

I think I understand what happened. 

As this is a copy of the old IAM, I renamed the database. I thought I restarted the Indicium tier already, but apparently not. I just did another restart, and I saw the database corresponds again and the errors are gone. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Are you sure the database connection is correct and reachable. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Freddy,

select license
from global_settings

You should see messages regarding this in Indicium's error log. It should state that it attempted to retrieve a license but failed. Can you check this?

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hello Freddy,

select license
from global_settings

It has a license..  however the mentioned database and server don't match up anymore. (I've divided the old IAM into 2 new ones (PoC and Demo) ..  can this be the issue then?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Freddy,

That does indeed make the license invalid, however, I don't quite understand why you are getting the error that you are getting. And if the license is invalid, it should also attempt to retrieve a new license (which should show in the error log).

You could update your license in IAM to NULL and then restart Indicium to force the retrieval of a new license. You might have to register the environment in TCP again, however.

I will look into why this error occurs.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hello Freddy,

select license
from global_settings

I think I understand what happened. 

As this is a copy of the old IAM, I renamed the database. I thought I restarted the Indicium tier already, but apparently not. I just did another restart, and I saw the database corresponds again and the errors are gone. 

Oh good, that explains a few things. In that case you can disregard my last message.