In this sprint, we added support for showing messages thrown from the Badge logic and we now support the lookup control type 'Combo (sorted)'. We also improved some features, like the form's HTML editor, and fixed some issues.
We will keep you updated regularly about Universal's progress.
Contents of this release
Universal GUI version 2021.3.13 BETA
Like with every blog, we have released a version to test the Universal GUI out for yourself. Do not forget the documentation and be sure to keep the following in mind:
- A modern browser is required to access the Universal GUI, e.g., a recent version of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, or Safari mobile. Using the Universal GUI with IE is not supported.
- The Universal GUI must be deployed on the same server as Indicium or it should be an allowed origin in the appsettings.json.
- The Universal GUI only works with version 2019.2 and up of the Thinkwise Platform.
- Make sure you run all hotfixes on the IAM and SF that you plan to use for the Universal GUI.
- Make sure you are using the latest version of Indicium Universal.
This is a beta release, which can be used to test the new features. This release is not suitable for use in a production environment. The full release will be available this Friday.
Tasks marked as "double click" hidden in the toolbar
Tasks marked as ‘double click’ are hidden in the toolbar now. This setting is available in the menu Processes > Tasks > tab Table tasks > tab Form.
Process flow continues in the last document when the follow-up action says so
We made process flows a little smarter when running outside the context of a document, e.g., when running a task from the menu. When the follow-up action points to a subject, it tries to find it in the last involved open document of the flow.
This is helpful when running a task that should not be accessible from the document's toolbar. The task can be executed globally filled by process variables, and afterward, the flow can continue in the active document.
We strongly advise you to thoroughly test your process flows if they contain one of the following actions:
- add / copy / edit / delete
- task / report execution
- open / activate / close document
- zoom detail.
Messages from the Badge logic
Like the other GUIs, the Universal GUI now shows messages thrown from the Badge logic.
Notice that the badge may be displayed multiple times and run again after a certain interval. As a Software Factory developer, you are responsible for preventing messages from popping up multiple times.
Support for 'Combo (sorted)'
Universal GUI now supports the lookup control type 'Combo (sorted)', so you can configure a combo in another way than just alphabetically.
This setting is available in menu User interface > Subjects > tab Default/Variants > tab Settings > tab General > field Def. control.
- Some more complicated combinations of sort fields, like a domain element with values followed by another sort on a lookup field, are not yet available.
- This lookup control type is not yet available for lookup controls in the filter form.
HTML edit / non-edit popup
We have improved the form's HTML editor. It is now possible to show and edit the formatted document in a larger popup.
You can click on the new icon to open the popup for editing HTML in edit mode. The formatting toolbar (to make text, for example, bold) has also been moved to the popup. In the form editor, you can still edit the text in the currently applied format. In both the popup and form editor, you can use the shortkeys for formatting.
In non-edit mode, you can use the popup to inspect the contents in a larger display.
This was the previous HTML editor, with the formatting toolbar:
Now, the formatting toolbar has been removed, and a popup icon has been added:
The new popup in edit mode now contains the formatting toolbar:
This is the new popup in non-edit mode (read-only):
This is only the first release of this feature. For future releases, we have planned:
- To replace the Close button with Save/Cancel buttons. Now, after opening the popup while editing, changes made to the HTML text are always synchronized. Later on, the Cancel button should provide the option to ignore them.
- To improve the styling of the formatting toolbar. We wish to apply equal padding at the top and bottom and add a border between the buttons and content.
- To solve a known issue, which has been in the Universal GUI for a couple of releases. At the moment, scrolling in the HTML control of the form in edit mode is not possible with the scroll wheel. Manually grabbing the scrollbar still works. We will plan this as a separate issue.
Minor fixes and tasks
- Messages from a process flow now show parameter values.
- In some cases, a type error 'Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'applications')' occurred when the login token had expired. This has been fixed.
- When adding a record in a task was followed by a Go to row process action, the new record was not selected. This has been fixed.
- The controls for the Cortex and regular barcode scanners used to lose focus when the scan button was still loading. This has been fixed. The input now retains the focus.
What we will be working on next sprint
The next sprint we will be working on:
- Record not found on lookup open - When a look-up popup is opened and the selected record is not in the current filtered set, it should try to fetch the record by removing all the pre-filters.
- Lookup from grid Ctrl+Alt+P shortcut - Open the look-up for the currently selected field in the grid with the Ctrp+Alt+P shortcut.
- Form list design
- Automated testing
- General maintenance.