Solved

Terminology in providing feedback on BPs and RQs

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

The review → business processes menu provides an option to provide feedback on business processes and requirements (in the stakeholder view). For busines processes this is called ‘Discussion’, for requirements this is called ‘Comment’. To my opinion, the function is the same. Can you explain the reason for using different terms?

icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 8 May 2020, 09:00

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Kirsten,

Discussion should be the translation for the set of comments (the title for the tabpage, etc) whereas an individual record is translated as a comment.

Can you provide a screenshot of the discrepancy?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

See screenprints below for the view of a business process and requirement (circled yellow).

In the requirement view, I noticed another improper term: the tabs are named ‘business process’ (circled red), i'd expect them to be named ‘requirement’. 

Perhaps this can be changed as well?

Kind regards,

Kirsten

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi Kirsten,

Thank you for providing the screenshot, this is indeed incorrect.

The discussion/comment labels have been updated for version 2020.2 of the Thinkwise Platform.

The Business process form tab labels certainly aren't correct when a requirement or work is selected. However, changing it to Business process, Requirement or Work depending on the selected node is a bit tricky and won't make it to the 2020.2 release, so we've updated them to Specification as a more general term for 2020.2.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Thx