Solved

Where is my SF Application after upgrading to 2021.1? Only see an IAM-application.

• 29 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have run the deployment suite for upgrading to 2021.1. I only had to remove a database role by hand, because that gave an error message. But after that, the deployment suite was run completely without any problems. I run the marked issues from the deployment suite and marked it that we do NOT use Indicium:

When I start the shortcut I only see an IAM application, but no SF. I get the following error mesages:

“Your license has expired. Please contact your system administrator or Thinkwise.”

And after that I get the message:

“This environment is not registered. Applications are not available because of this.

Please register the environment using the menu item 'Register environment' under 'Settings'.”

But when I chose to do so, I get the message:

“Environment registration requires Indicium to be active. Verify that Indicium is running correctly on this IAM.”

But as said earlier: I (and my customers) don't work with Indicium.

Can someone help?

icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 1 December 2020, 07:46

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco,

Since the 2020.2 version of the Thinkwise Suite, Indicium (Universal) is required for retrieving a valid license. It is stated in the release notes of the 2020.2 version: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/blog/2020/06/25/2020_2.html 

Did you upgrade directly from an older version (non-2020.2) to 2021.1? Then you might have missed this. In short, you will need Indicium (Universal) to retrieve a valid license for your Thinkwise Suite. After the license is imported and valid, the SF will be available.

The installation guide for Indicium is found here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/indicium.html

When installed, Indicium will automatically retrieve the license for you. It can take up to five minutes I believe. Indicium does require an Internet connection to get a valid license: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/deployment/installation.html#license-expiration

If you need assistance for the installation of Indicium, feel free to create a topic here on the Community. We can help you out :wink:

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I have installed Indicium conform the documentation. When I try it, by clicking on “through *:80 (http)” (i have a dutch version but I hope you know what i mean), i get an error.

I hope you can help me out.

The logboek says the following:

2020-11-30T17:32:15.7907737+01:00  [FTL] Application startup exception (6c57a5ba)
System.Exception: Invalid MetaSourceConnection configuration. Please check the configuration of the server, database and pool user. ---> System.AggregateException: Er zijn één of meer fouten opgetreden. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Er is een netwerkfout of een exemplaarspecifieke fout opgetreden tijdens het maken van verbinding met SQL Server. De server is niet gevonden of is niet toegankelijk. Controleer of de exemplaarnaam correct is en of in de instellingen van SQL Server externe verbindingen zijn toegestaan. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Fout bij zoeken van opgegeven server/exemplaar)
   bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, SqlCredential credential, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SecureString newSecurePassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnectionString userConnectionOptions, SessionData reconnectSessionData, DbConnectionPool pool, String accessToken, Boolean applyTransientFaultHandling, SqlAuthenticationProviderManager sqlAuthProviderManager)
   bij System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions options, DbConnectionPoolKey poolKey, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   bij System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.WaitForPendingOpen()
--- Einde van stacktracering vanaf vorige locatie waar uitzondering is opgetreden ---
   bij System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
   bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bij Indicium.Data.SQLServer.Helpers.TSFSqlConnectionHelper.<CreateOpenedSqlConnection>d__3.MoveNext() in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Data\Indicium.Data.SQLServer\Helpers\TSFSqlConnectionHelper.cs:regel 79
--- Einde van stacktracering vanaf vorige locatie waar uitzondering is opgetreden ---
   bij System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   bij Indicium.Data.SQLServer.Connection.SQLConnectionProvider.<CreateConnection>d__2.MoveNext() in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Data\Indicium.Data.SQLServer\Connection\SQLConnectionProvider.cs:regel 22
   --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
   bij System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)
   bij Indicium.Startup..ctor(IHostingEnvironment env, IConfiguration configuration, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Startup.cs:regel 147
   --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
   bij Indicium.Startup..ctor(IHostingEnvironment env, IConfiguration configuration, ILoggerFactory loggerFactory) in C:\azp\agent\_work\1\s\src\Indicium\Startup.cs:regel 160
   bij Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ActivatorUtilities.ConstructorMatcher.CreateInstance(IServiceProvider provider)
   bij Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.StartupLoader.LoadMethods(IServiceProvider hostingServiceProvider, Type startupType, String environmentName)
   bij Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.WebHostBuilderExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<UseStartup>b__1(IServiceProvider sp)
   bij Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.CallSiteRuntimeResolver.VisitScoped(ScopedCallSite scopedCallSite, ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
   bij Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceLookup.DynamicServiceProviderEngine.<>c__DisplayClass1_0.<RealizeService>b__0(ServiceProviderEngineScope scope)
   bij Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.ServiceProviderServiceExtensions.GetService[T](IServiceProvider provider)
   bij Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureStartup()
   bij Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   bij Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
   bij Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

How I did it, I don’t know: Indicium works (I think).

I can now Register my environment. But I get the message:

And I still haven't a license and I still don't see my SF.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Marco, 

In the appsetting.json the correct Server, IAM database and Pooluser should be entered. That way Indicium knows where the IAM database is, which one to support and which credentials to use. It seems like that worked as you were able to register your environment.

If this morning the license is not present, I suggest creating an issue in TCP about this. Our Service & Care team can help out and get the environment licensed for you.

I hope this informed you sufficiently.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks Mark. I still have the same problem, so I made an issue as you suggested.