Solved

Report empty after upgrade to SF 2020.2

• 3 August 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I’ve just upgraded to SF 2020.2 and noticed I cannot download / edit the reports:

If I click the button (in red) and save the file, it results in a empty file. I did use the task ‘Upload images and reports to database’ according to the manual.

I’ve checked the table ‘report’. The column ‘file_spec_data’ does contain some binary data I see, but when downloading it remains empty. How can I edit DevExpress reports?

icon

Best answer by Peter Verwijs 5 August 2020, 13:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello René,

This can be solved by setting up the file association for .repx files with the DevExpress Report Designer. To do this, right-click on any .repx file and select open with… Then make sure to check the Always use this app to open .repx files checkbox before selecting More apps > Look for another app on this PC. Now navigate to where the DevExpress Report Designer is installed and select it. This will set the file association.

The Windows GUI can now use the file association to open the report directly. The report can then be edited and saved.

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hello René,

This can be solved by setting up the file association for .repx files with the DevExpress Report Designer. To do this, right-click on any .repx file and select open with… Then make sure to check the Always use this app to open .repx files checkbox before selecting More apps > Look for another app on this PC. Now navigate to where the DevExpress Report Designer is installed and select it. This will set the file association.

The Windows GUI can now use the file association to open the report directly. The report can then be edited and saved.

Thanks, that fixed it. Probably caused by having a new computer with no file association to .repx files. The icon is now also visible: