Solved

Rename IAM database

• 22 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13
Today I have moved the development databases to a separate machine. After some fiddling with server names and user accounts all is working again. I took the dev databases on the production server offline and both the SF and our end product via SF load as usual. The ini file for SF also contains the new server name.

I also changed the database names to reflect the name of our end product. Let's say the databases used to begin with COMPANY_ where they now start with APPLICATION_. This means the IAM database was renamed from COMPANY_IAM_ONT to APPLICATION_IAM_ONT. The ini files for SF and end product via SF contain these new database names. Starting SF works but IAM of the software factory becomes inaccessible. As soon as I try to open IAM it wants to connect to the old COMPANY_ database. Temporarily changing the IAM database back to COMPANY_ on the database server and in the ini file takes care of the issue.

What steps do I need to follow to rename the IAM database without losing access?
icon

Best answer by Anne Buit 25 March 2019, 10:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5
Hi Roland,

Can you run the following query on APPLICATION_IAM_ONT:

code:
select db_name
from gui_appl
where project_id = 'SQLSERVER_IAM'

This should be 'current_database'. Can you confirm this?

Secondly, can you confirm that your GUI version is higher than 2018.2.24?
Userlevel 4
Badge +13
That field contained the name of the old database. I have updated it to current_database and IAM works now.

The gui version is 2018.3.16.0

Thanks!