Widen the Query input field at Calculated field (Data model)

Related products: Software Factory

I would like to see the Query input field widened. Currently is hard to see what the query is without opening it. Especially when looking through multiple expression fields it would be great if I didn’t have to open every single one to see the query.

Too small

My suggestion would be to put Calculated field on it's own tab page, then making the field as wide as two groups together, so probably the Field width would be 660. Then also changing the height to 8 or so.

For example:

Much more space and better insights into the query

There are several other fields for which I have the same wish.

An option, 'Max width' (Y / N). To be able to use in the SF for user applications would also be very nice.

Thank you for submitting your idea.

We have not only enlarged this field in the upcoming 2020.2 version of the SF, but also the other fields with a ‘SQLEDITOR’ control.  By using a group label instead of a regular field label, we were able to use this gained space to increase the field size.

Because we value consistency, the same size is used for all of these ‘SQLEDITOR’ fields. This means the field height is set to 5 rows, and the field width now is equal to the column width.

An example for the prefilter screen:

Old situation

New situation

Perfect Jeroen, thank you!