Vertical list (Screen type)

Related products: Universal GUI

For most cases horizontal lists are the way to go as it displays the value from left to right. But sometimes I would like to be able to make the list vertical. For instance when I'm comparing products I would like to have a vertical list so I can see all the differences side by side. Product comparison websites also use this, see:

I think this could make our end products even more great with creating the Wow-effect. Let me know if you agree!
Totally agree. You could probably achieve this by creating a view with a pivot. However, a pivot is not the best option with performance in mind.
Hello,

Thank you for the proposed feature, we see the benefits this feature can bring!

A quick research shows that it is pretty simply to enable this feature:

Further research is required for advanced situations and the possibilities in the Web GUI. We will create a User Story on our Product Backlog and implement this feature in the future!

Kind Regards,

Roel
Thanks @Roel ! Great to see this is going to get implemented.

Hello Mark and other interested voters,

We have decided to implement this feature in the Universal GUI so it may take a while before this feature becomes available.

We will update this thread when more information is available.

Kind Regards,
Roel

@Roel What is the status of this feature in the Universal GUI development? I have a use case in our organization that would really benefit from having this vertical list.

@Arie V The current status is that this idea is currently on the backlog but not in scope yet to be implemented in the Universal GUI. Our Universal GUI team is currently working hard on making sure the Universal GUI has all base functionality such as Process Flows, Domain controls and all kind of other needed functionality. 

It is also dependent on when the Software Factory will be able to support it, because there needs to be a new Screen type option to be able to turn (horizontal) lists into Vertical lists.

If there's any status change or more information, it will be available here.

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Hi, any updates on this since it's been a while?

Hi, any updates on this since it's been a while?

Wish I had some, but we're aiming on finishing off the remaining features to make the Universal feature-complete. From that point I'm sure the team will be looking into implementing more awesome new additions to the GUI such as this one.