Theme variants

Related products: Software Factory

Within the Software Factory you can create variants for lots of things, but not for themes.

I often have separate themes for windows, web, mobile and universal, to tweak the little things that just look better on a certain platform. Or use different themes for the DTAP environments, to make it extra clear that you are in development or test.

Now I have to copy my 'base' theme, which works just fine. But when I want to make a change to something that is identical in all of my themes, I have to manually go through them all.

I would like the ability to create theme variants, that work just like the other variants in the SF: always look at the base, only adjust the differences in the variant.
Hi Jop,

Themes for the Universal GUI will be much simpler than the current themes for Windows and Web. This idea will therefore probably no longer be necessary.
Hi @Jasper,

Will the universal GUI also make it possible to set different theme's for different screen types.

An example: I want to change the background color of the grid in one screen(type), but I want to a different color in other screens.

Kind regards,

Marjolein
@Marjolein Verstraten, this is not something that we have plannen at the moment, so probably not.

Do you have a specific use case for this?
@Jasper yes I do,

The customer I'm working for is asking this. They have a lot of different screentypes in the application where they want to highlight the part of the screen that is most important for the user (by changing the background color, lines etc.). But the part of the screen that is the most important for the user will sometimes be a grid, or sometimes a form or sometimes there'r several grids/forms on one screen, and they want to highlight only one of them.

Especially with screens with a lot of information on them, it would make it much more userfriendly if you could change colors etc. for different parts of the screen. I could imagine that we can come up with more usercases of this.