Save your own prefilter queries / filter expressions

Related products: Windows GUI Intelligent Application Manager Universal GUI

Using UP, it is already possible to create and save your own prefilters, by entering values for the available columns in the table. This always leads to an and-based prefilter, which has limited options.

I would like to be able to make my prefilters by writing a query or by saving my filter expressions. This way you can also make your own or-based prefilters, use subqueries or joins, etc.
Being able to write your own query for a user defined prefilter is not an option due to security concerns. It is simply not feasible to allow this without imposing severe security risks.

However, the other option, saving filter expressions as prefilters, is possible and should allow for similarly powerful prefilters.

Really much appriciated if the saving of a filter expression would be possible.

It would be even better to be able to “share” the saved filter expression with other users or group.

I like the idea and also the suggestion to share a filter with others.

A nice addition to this would be the possiblity to save sort order and column settings.

See my last post:
https://community.thinkwisesoftware.com/ideas/250

I see it's on the backlog, but it's not really clear to me what exactly, and what's the target interface (Windows / web or Universal?) And does it include the OR statement? That would be a really welcome feature in the web environment.

Another thumbs up for the feature of being able to save the filter expressions as a prefilter is that this eliminates the need for enabling filtering for all fields in a situation your screen type has limited space for filtering fields. Fe: a screen shows only 4 fields to filter, but I have 20 columns in the list. With filter expressions I am able to use every column without the need to push every column to the screen.