Project version increment

Related products: Software Factory

When you copy a project version, the Software Factory automatically gets the current project version +0.10. I always change that to +0.01. For example: If I'm copying project version 1.34 to a new version, the SF suggests 1.44, but I want it to be 1.35.

Maybe make the project version number increment a variable that you can set per project?

Why not just make the default 0.01? Most projects I have seen use 0.01 incrementals. 

Why not just make the default 0.01? Most projects I have seen use 0.01 incrementals. 

I agree.

This should definitely be something you could set. There is one situation I could imagine that you want a bigger step and that is when you want hotfixes to have a number closer to the original version. Without a gab this won't be possible. This won't be the case for branch versions.

In relation to this, Thinkwise in its videos promotes the major.minor.patch numbering. I also like a setting to change the preferred version number format. In this case a hotfix is nothing more than a patch on a minor release.

In the upcoming 2021.2 version of the SF, it will become possible to set a default project version increment of a hundredth, a tenth or a whole number in the configurations screen.

Updated idea status PlannedNext release
Updated idea status Next releaseCompleted