Productivity metrics in IAM

Related products: Intelligent Application Manager

I'd like to measure the productivity of SF developers (for example trainees) in the IAM. Now I can check the 'use log user actions' in IAM, or use the session/action analysis, but I'd like to see their activity on a day to day basis to see what they are doing and when/how long this takes. Maybe this can be solved with some default cube views on those analysis, but I think additional functionality (like a report) could give some usefull insights.

Especially for the management of trainees, this can be a usefull tool. Not to 'spy' on them ofcourse, but to give insights and a topic of conversation during review meetings.
Important question is, what is productivity? It certanly is not equal to the number of lines codes written. I'd rather have an elegant solution to a problem, using 3 lines of code instead of someone writing hundreds in order to do the same thing. Perhaps the 3 lines of code took a two hours of thinking? That bit is not shown in any report.

I think you should focus on output/results. How many user stories/problems/issues can a developer solve within a given amout of time? This would require estimates or story points first and time tracking (by the dev), denoting how long the item of work actually took. Also you'd have to factor in things like quality and maintainability of the work done.
Important question is, what is productivity? It certanly is not equal to the number of lines codes written. I'd rather have an elegant solution to a problem, using 3 lines of code instead of someone writing hundreds in order to do the same thing. Perhaps the 3 lines of code took a two hours of thinking? That bit is not shown in any report.

I think you should focus on output/results. How many user stories/problems/issues can a developer solve within a given amout of time? This would require estimates or story points first and time tracking (by the dev), denoting how long the item of work actually took. Also you'd have to factor in things like quality and maintainability of the work done.

Maybe productivity isn't the right word. But I'd like to have insight in the activity of developers in the Software Factory.

Unfortunately, this idea has not received enough votes. Because we want to keep the focus on ideas that are in high demand in our Community, we are closing this idea.

Updated idea status OpenClosed