Password control with 'Show password' button

Related products: Universal GUI

I'm missing this button in the GUI when I’m using a password field:

Show password button

I only see this:

Can this 'Show password’ button be added? Else there is a possibility that I put in a wrong value.

The password field is mainly used to hide the password in the data for viewers and to insert a password without others seeing what you input was.

The password you type into a login page has a very short lifetime and will not be persisted.

Why would you like to use a password field and give every viewer of the persisted data the possibility to lookup the value in the password field? The usage of the password control does not have a added value this way, right?

Regards,
Erik

The password field is mainly used to hide the password in the data for viewers and to insert a password without others seeing what you input was.

The password you type into a login page has a very short lifetime and will not be persisted.

Why would you like to use a password field and give every viewer of the persisted data the possibility to lookup the value in the password field? The usage of the password control does not have a added value this way, right?

Regards,
Erik

There you have a point, I understand that maybe when editing a record you wouldn’t want to be able to show the value of a Password field. But upon inserting it could be a handy way to check the input. I'm not sure if that is possible though.

It would be nice to be able to switch to the visible password when in edit mode I think?

We’ll take this into account for the Universal GUI.

It currently works exactly as requested in the Universal GUI. The control shows the button only in edit mode and you may decide to hide it entirely using the "Show action button” setting on the domain in the SF.

We expect this fulfills all the needs, so we will close this idea.

OpenCompleted