Passing parameter values between forms / screens

Related products: Software Factory

Information that you want to look up and pass through to your current activity / transaction is only possible if you develop the same screen for every transaction.

Example:

If you would like to look up stock information in a purchase order line and have a selection inserted in you current purchase order line you have to develop a screen for purchase.

If you want to have the same functionality for a sales order line means you have to develop the same screen with stock info again!

It should be possible to develop one screen / form from which values are passed to the screen from which you invoked this (now general) form.
Hi Frans, thanks a lot for submitting this idea. However, we do not quite understand what you are trying to achieve. Can you explain this in more detail, maybe with some screenshots or a video?
Hey Jasper,

More info can be retrieved from your collegeau Roland van Aggelen. He will know what I mean. If that will not be enough I will be happy to explain in more detail.
@Frans Roffel thanks for posting to the Thinkwise Community.

@Roland van Aggele would you like to be so kind as to explain the idea further?
Roland pointed out that I should explain it myself.

Dan maar even in het Nederlands.

Het is nu niet mogelijk een algemeen formulier te ontwikkelen (bijv. een voorraadscherm) welke je zowel vanuit het maken van een inkooporderregel kunt gebruiken om een artikel te selecteren en te inserten in je inkooporderregel als wel hetzelfde voor verkoop.

Je moet nu 2 x hetzelfde scherm ontwikkelen, zowel bij inkoop als verkoop.

Het probleem wat mijn inziens hieraan ten grondslag ligt is dat schermen binnen de thinkwise applicatie geen parameters kunnen doorgeven aan elkaar.

Dit wel mogelijk maken zou ontwikkeltijd kunnen schelen.
Hi Frans,

I'll try to summarize your question, please let me know if I'm on the right track or way off.

You have two entities in your application: purchase order line and sales invoice line. These entities use the same third entity: stock info.

While adding the purchase order lines or sales invoice lines, you want to be able to select a record from stock info or add a record to stock info and select this one. You'd want to reuse the screen to select or add a record to stock info for both scenarios.

Normally, this screen would be easy to reuse. You'd use a look-up to select or add the stock info. Both look-ups can share the same entity and the same variant. This wouldn't require a screen to be configured for both scenarios.

From your question I can assume that this is not the way this has been implemented. Can you describe the current implementation for me? Perhaps you can add a screenshot or two if this makes it easier to explain.
Dear Anne,

Please ask me again in the second half of this year. I should just be able to point it out to you by showing our application. Beside that: please note that we do not develop using the software factory our selves. We just run into the problems that our project team engages when developing the application for us. This Thinkwise team though does not submit the problem as a problem.....
Dear @Frans Roffel

I understand from @Roland van Aggele that he will contact you. I think it would be wise to coordinate your question with Roland and to solve it where possible. I hereby close this topic.