Notification inside the end product

Related products: Windows GUI Mobile GUI Universal GUI

What we currently are able to do are putting badges on our tables and views. This can show how much records are in there or meet a certain requirement. Very handy but not sufficient for my idea.

What if we could define notifications inside the Software Factory and when a certain action happens, let the user know about it through a notification? It's like you receive an email, you get a pop-up telling you that you received an email about a certain subject. Wouldn't it be handy if for instance an notification would be given if a new order has been received or receive a notification that one of your delivery trucks has almost run out of one type of product? The possibilities are endless.

I would love to see a way to define Notifications inside the Software Factory which I can give to the users of the application at certain times.

One way is to let the application give out the notification itself. But it is also possible to use the Action center of Windows.

Example using the Action Center of Windows:

We're actually already working on push notification support, not only for the Windows GUI, but also for the Web GUI, Mobile GUI and of course the Universal GUI.

To be able to use the notification services of Windows (browsers), Android and iOS, and to be able to send notifications if users do not have the Thinkwise application open, we are using Firebase Cloud Messaging services for this.

If everything goes according to plan, sending push notifications from a Thinkwise application or IAM to users via process/system flows will be possible by the end of this year.
We're actually already working on push notification support, not only for the Windows GUI, but also for the Web GUI, Mobile GUI and of course the Universal GUI.

To be able to use the notification services of Windows (browsers), Android and iOS, and to be able to send notifications if users do not have the Thinkwise application open, we are using Firebase Cloud Messaging services for this.

If everything goes according to plan, sending push notifications from a Thinkwise application or IAM to users via process/system flows will be possible by the end of this year.

That's great news Jasper! Looking forward to using it. Thanks!

@Jasper Given the status ‘On the backlog’ I assume you didn't finish last year. Could you indicate when we can expect Notification support in the Universal GUI?

Updated idea status On the backlogDuplicate
Idea merged into:

All the votes from this idea have been transferred.