Display uploaded images when adding/editing a record

Related products: Windows GUI Universal GUI

Users are able to upload images using a field with the control ‘Image upload’. When a user selects an image only the filename is show.The image is only visible after saving the record (in display mode).

Adding a record

Displaying the same record after saving

We like to see the uploaded image during add/edit mode and not the filename.

Right now, there is a technical explanation for this. The file is transferred its final location while saving the changes to the record to the database. In the meantime the file is stored in a temp location. 

We have to investigate the possibilities to show the file in the meantime.

The saving is also a problem, this has to be on record id, now is is on the key element.

When jou change a field (example the description) you lost your picture.

In case we upload a pdf file with a preview in our sctreentype, we get a 404 error. If we continue and save our record, then our upload is shown  in the preview.

This is rather confusing to an end user, moreover, for end user the 404 error text does not make any sense and is contradictionary.

My question: is it possible during add/modify mode to view what is actually being uploaded (the temp folder/file) instead of firing the 404 popup dialog here:

Or is there a way to refresh (asynchronically I guess) to have a view of what user is uploading? If possible, where could i set this?

thank you,

Paul

Updated idea status OpenWorking on it!

Update: our Universal GUI now supports this from version 1.8.

Updated idea status for the Windows GUI: OpenPlanned

Updated idea status for the Windows GUI: PlannedWorking on it!