Differentiate tables from task or reports in listbar menu

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI

Currently there is no way, in for instance Themes, to differentiate between tables, tasks or reports in a listbar menu. Or I have missed something.

See the example below; the last two items are tasks and the rest are tables. I've switched of “Show icons” in the Theme, to keep it slick… Whether a table or view is opened or a task is started (possible on the background) is a surprise for a (new) user…. 

It would be nice if there were a way to seperate tasks from tables in a Listbar menu. This might be done by the GUI or give the developer the tools to achieve this…Perhaps the addition of a dummy divider line with possibly a translatable label...

Hi Henry,

Using iconography and naming would provide ample ways to differentiate between tables, tasks or reports. It is also the question whether a user, especially a new one, would know the difference between a task or a report. It would most likely be internalized as ‘performing an action’. We recommend using naming to indicate the user will perform an action (start with a verb, e.g. ‘Genereer premiefactuur’).

There is no way to differentiate using styling, and we do not plan on adding such functionality for the reasons above.

Kind regards,

Tim de Lang 

@Tim de Lang 

Clear…. But depending on the number of votes on this idea from the community, I hope Thinkwise will reconsider their position…

Due to the reasons stated earlier, and the lack of votes, this idea will be closed.

OpenClosed