Connect conditional layout condition & prefilters to domain elements

Related products: Software Factory

Currently I use conditional layout on a Status column and if for some reason I change my domain element database values, I have to change the conditional layout conditions too.

So I got the thought, why can’t we connect it straight to a domain element? My column import_message_status has a same-called domain with elements for each status. If I could select an element of this column's domain, that would mean any changes in the domain will also affect the conditional layout condition. 

Example:
Let say if I change the Done status from value 5 to 6, I only need to change it at the domain elements and the conditional layout condition will read that value over there instead of I need to change it at all places where I name the status column in conditional layouts. 

Implementation suggestion:

Column determines which domain.

Type of value: (Domain) Element

Value: Lookup to select which element of the column's domain

In code, a join/a subquery is used to get the right db value of the chosen element

Mark,

I'd guess that you probably would like the same feature for prefilters columns? Otherwise there would be a deviation between conditional layout and prefilters.

Mark,

I'd guess that you probably would like the same feature for prefilters columns? Otherwise there would be a deviation between conditional layout and prefilters.

Great idea Arjan, that would be a nice addition.