Solved

Change the layout of email notifications in the community portal

• 18 April 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Can the email notification messages send by the Community Portal be made more focused to the topic? This to make them more valuable to read. The same picture with a man watching his tablet PC, doesn't make sense and is just pollution of my inbox.

The title of the topic should be part of the email subject, something like:
'New Idea: Apex Refactor and Software Factory' or 'New comment on topic: Home button in Mobile GUI'

The description, part of the description or comment in the body, would be great.
icon

Best answer by Moller Toma 29 April 2019, 14:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Hi @Harm Horstman,

I have contacted our supplier. These are the results of our conversation.

1. Title of the "new reply"-notification should be more specific

This can be done. We have added this to the community, notifications should now also display the topic title in the subject.

2. Title of the "new topic"-notification should be more specific

Here we do not have such a feature, the reference is more general: "A new topic has been created in the COMMUNITY NAME"

I think we could also name the topic title and/or the category name here. Will feedback this to the product team so we can improve, but I don't think this will have priority.

3. Content of a new reply should be displayed in the body of the notification

We do not offer this functionality. We have investigated this and we have found that this would have a negative impact on the activity on your community, especially new comments and "mark as answered"-actions. Many users will only read the update in the notification, and not visit the community. So this is not desireable from a Community Management perspective.

I hope I've informed you enough about this.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
I think Thinkwise should force the supplier to get done what is best for Thinkwise and its customers.

The main goal is make the communication around topics as efficient as possible for everyone who's involved.

High numbers of visitors of the community portal is less important. Visitors will come automatically when the portal is the place with most relevant articles.
Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Thank you for your input. I will discuss it further with our supplier.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20

Hi Toma,

Is there any progress on this topic?

This is not how notifications from a system like this should look like.

Greetz,

Harm