Call context procedure when adding a record

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

Currently the context procedure is not being called when adding a record. I wonder why and what the drawback of this could be.

When the context procedure is called when adding a record each time a default procedure (if any) would be called, the following could be achieved in the application:

When creating a new order for (in this case) a vehicle, it could be the case that a vehicle is not known in the database. So while adding and no vehicle is yet selected, a task is available to the user to create a vehicle with the minimum of known information entered as parameters. A vehicle is created with a “request” status, someone else can enter all viable information at a later point in time….

The new vehicle_id is an output parameter en will be entered in the new order's field….

But with a context procedure not being called at this stage, I can't hide or show the task and someone can keep clicking on it, creating one after the other partially entered vehicle…

I could circumvent this with a default and layout procedure in the task, but I'd rather see the task hidden completely when a vehicle_id is entered while adding a new order….

Long story short: why not call the context procedure always the same time when calling a default procedure (at least when adding a new row)….

In hindsight, the context is not the problem; perhaps a better solution is a change in the GUI. Now all tasks are disabled by the GUI when adding a record, as far as I can tell.

When a new field is added in SF table tab_task (allow when adding record), such a task could stay enabled (the programmer should of course know why and what the underlying idea of the task is).

Updated idea status NewOpen

I have a similar problem with detail tiles. When I am adding a new record, there is no primary key yet, so the detail screen will show nothing. I would like this detail tile to be hidden when I am adding a new record. Is there any update on this idea?