Breadcrumb too small in Universal GUI

Related products: Universal GUI

The breadcrumb of an Open Document (in other words: the selected record) is not very clear in the Universal GUI. The Entity name does display in a similar Font size as the regular menu and record Font size, but the breadcrumb info is displayed quite much smaller right below it. Our end users are actually complaining about this. Could this be changed to at least a larger Font?

While you're at it I would like to recommend some improvements that would make us even more happy:

• How about having Entity and Breadcrumb info at the same row? F.e. Opportunities > Company A > Opportunity 1  
  • Could this navigation information actually be clickable, giving me a quick option to go back to the Account to which the Opportunity is related or to the Opportunities list?
  • Could it be possible to right click on the navigation and copy the URL, allowing me to share a deeplink to a specific record?

Hi Arie,

Thanks for submitting your idea, we’ll take this into consideration.

Clickable breadcrumbs and deep links are features that are on our backlog, but we don’t have an ETA for this yet.

Hi Arie,

Thanks for submitting your idea, we’ll take this into consideration.

Clickable breadcrumbs and deep links are features that are on our backlog, but we don’t have an ETA for this yet.

Hi Jasper, great to hear those items are on the backlog, I'd expected nothing less from you guys! In the meantime it would be great if breadcrumb information could be displayed larger/more clearly already. So I'm hoping you'll add and plan a User Story for that feature.

@Jasper FYI, we now fixed the sizing ourselves using custom CSS:

.breadcrumb .TooltipContainer .tooltip__content-wrapper span {
font-size: 1.1rem;
}

This gives the following result (which we like better):

Are you open to make this a default change, instead of us having to do this in the custom.css?

Hi Arie,

Our UI/UX experts believe that it is not desirable to make the text size of the breadcrumb larger than the document title by default. The document title itself, in our view, is in many cases as least as important or even more important than the breadcrumb, as it reflects the main context or activity in which the user is working.

However, feel free to customize the breadcrumb yourself with CSS as you have done. The use of CSS for this type of customization is an excellent alternative in our opinion.

@Jasper I agree that the Document context is more important, but that is also highlighted on the Tabs bar ánd on the Open Documents list (maybe this 3rd option is missing with the Tile menu). So I disagree with the conclusion to not enlarge the breadcrumb by default.

Hi Arie,

The document title in Open Documents and in the tab bar are not visible when the menu is collapsed or if the screen type does not contain a main tab page, but I understand your point of view, hence the suggestion to solve this with CSS.

By leveraging the power of CSS we provide our customers with the most powerful UI customization options possible, without having to expand our metamodel for every customer-specific request. Formalizing such settings in the model only takes time and offers little added value compared to CSS, especially if the custom stylesheets can be specified in the model in the future as we have planned.