Assign tasks, reports and prefilters to a bar like details

Related products: Software Factory Universal GUI

I would like to be able to assign a task/report/prefilter to a bar, like we assign details to a detailgroup. I want to be able to show other objects in the bar above the grid, than the objects on the form or even in the ribbon.

In case we use 2 bars in the same screentype you get all the objects in both bars (see Any ideas/tricks to running tasks from different parts of the same screen?). It would be easier to assign the objects to the bar.

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

Thank you for your idea, we’ll definitely keep this in mind for the Universal GUI.

OpenOn the backlog

Hi,

Any update on the topic when having 2 Task bars on a screen how we can define the assignment of tasks to each task bar?
Is this being worked on ?

thanks

Hi,

Is there an update? Specific for the task bar/tile.

Thank you!

Hi all,

We are currently focusing on feature parity for the Universal GUI to allow customers to transition from previous generation GUI’s to the Universal GUI smoothly. This means that we are devoting all effort on feature parity in Q1 and we are not actively working on new GUI features in the meanwhile. 

Afterwards, we’ve explicitly devoted time to new feature requests from the community. As one of the highest voted feature requests, I expect we’ll be able to assign this feature to a new Thinkwise Platform release this year.

Since Thinkwise Platform version 2024.2 ships early in Q2, this feature is unlikely to make the cut. The most realistic scenario would be version 2024.3, which is scheduled for October this year.