add previous project and version to creation screen

Related products: Software Factory

During creation of a project it is very important to correctly set the previous project and previous project version. However there is no indicator or option to change this during creation. For a better creation process please add the previous project and previous project version to the generate definition screen. This way you will have a double check if you are basing the generation on the correct previous version, and this also removes a step in the process as you do not have to go back to project. 

Yes please!

Updated idea status NewOpen

Hi Erwin,

I like the idea. Should these field be read-only? Personally, I think this would suffice since the previous project/version are correct most of the times.

When it would also be possible to edit these fields from the generation screen, I think there should also be a warning that you should check your data conversion (again). Since one part of this idea it's purpose is to avoid having to switch screens, I don't know if making these field editable would be the best option.

Important to also take into account is that the generation screen currently is a custom screen. Rather than maintaining this custom screen, we want the generation feature (amongst others) to be the responsibility of the Indicium service tier instead. When this is the case, the next step is to rebuild this custom screen into a standard screen. At that point, we can implement an idea like this more easily.

I would like the option to change them on the creation screen. Otherwise it beats the purpose of this wish.

Hi everyone,

In the upcoming 2021.3 release of the platform, the user will now be informed about what project version the Definition generation is based on. However, this will not be mutable from this screen. This is a project version setting that should only be changed in certain situations. Also, changing the previous project version causes the data conversion to change, which should be re-examined.

Updated idea status OpenNext release
Updated idea statusNext releaseCompleted