Add custom Menu items to topbar in Universal GUI

Related products: Universal GUI

It would be great to be able to add Menu items to the topbar in the Universal GUI. I presume this is not new to the Universal development team. It is becoming quite common for applications to have a few icons to the top right (next to the User icon) with usefull features. If we would have the ability to ‘pin’ certain Menu items to the topbar, we come a long way I believe.These Menu items could be displayed as small Icons, including Badge symbols. Some ideas for which I believe this feature would be valuable:

• My Tasks: a list with all Open Tasks for that User. Badge symbol to show nr of Open Tasks
  • My Workflow/Approvals: a list with all Pending Approvals/Reviews for that User. Badge symbol to show nr of Pending items
  • Notifications: a list with all notifications for the user (we are considering a feature to Subscribe to specific records, triggering a notification if certain activity is happening on that record)
  • Help: a link to page/context-specific User Instructions

Perhaps to make an easy first step: add the tasks to an extended property

Perhaps to make an easy first step: add the tasks to an extended property

Or even extend the default functionality of the IAM and model to have Help and Notifications.. These can be permanent features, especially with notifications. to read them back etc..  

You can then add release notes or application specific notifications through the same system. 

I think a lot is already there, but not optimally used yet! 

@Anne Buit is this on the planning to have the IAM notifications for example in a proper user notification system where you can also read back and see if someone read it or not?