Ability to set the time it takes the Combined filter to start filtering

Related products: Software Factory Windows GUI Universal GUI

EDIT: I now see that there's an application specific extended property, only available for applications running via IAM. But I would like this to be screen specific. At one screen I want to be able to enable it and at other ones not. And also working for application run via SF.

Currently the Combined filter starts filtering after one second and in a is this changeable. In some cases for let's say typing in productcodes or other types of codes that are somewhat difficult, an user would like to have a while before the Combined filter does it's job. Probably even want to prevent the Combined filter from automatically searching unless the 'Enter'-key has been pressed.

I would like to be able to set the time it takes for the Combined filter to start filtering the rows in the list and also have the option to disable the automatic filtering per screen.
Hey Mark, what you can do is set the combined filter delay much higher. Now it is 250ms. You can use the extended property CombinedFilterDelay for this. Pressing Enter already triggers the filter directly. I don't think you can disable automatic filtering, but with a high delay you may not really need this.
Hey Mark, what you can do is set the combined filter delay much higher. Now it is 250ms. You can use the extended property CombinedFilterDelay for this. Pressing Enter already triggers the filter directly. I don't think you can disable automatic filtering, but with a high delay you may not really need this.

Hey Frank, thanks for the explanation! I noticed that this is application specific and not screen specific, which would be more suited in my opinion. In some screen I would rather have the no/slow filtering and in other screens the regular 250ms for example.
Mark, I can imagine that you would like that, but you really have to be careful creating inconsistent functionality. When the combined filter works differently per screen, it can get very confusing for the user. It is already a confusing control when columns are excluded from filtering.