Solved

Setting "Hidden outside form" in layout procedure does not work

• 16 November 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Some columns in a layout procedure of a task are set to “Hide outside form” (<column>_type = 3). This works fine in the Windows GUI, but in the web GUI this is not working. Allthough the columns are not visible, the space in the form is still claimed. This results in very strange forms!

Windows GUI 2019.2.17 (this is how it should be):

Web GUI 2020.1.14 (strange form like this):

Is this a bug?

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 15 February 2021, 09:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

This will be fixed in the upcoming release of the Web GUI (2021.1.14). The task and report parameter dialog resizes itself now when parameters are/become hidden. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mark,

No, it did not work in older versions. But this specific form has a lot of potential empty columns that I would like to suppress. So now it is showing really weird!

Yes, I am pretty sure that it uses the right value (3 and not 2) and that this is a bug. Did you test it yourself as well?

I was asked to create my issues in the Community and no longer in TCP, so I did. My time is already very limited, so I do not want to report issues twice every time. For now I added this issue in TCP only with a link to this post.

TIP: Create an integration between this forum and TCP?

Thnx!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Johan,

Did it function the correct way with older versions of the Web GUI?

If these screenshots are from the same application and they both use the same Layout procedure, then yes it's a bug. With <column>_type = 3 there should be no white space reserved.

Can you make sure the Web application makes use of <column>_type = 3 and not <column>_type = 2 [Hidden inside form] accidentally?

If so, please report an issue in TCP

Kind regards,
Mark Jongeling

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I haven't tried myself as I currently don't have a Web GUI project locally, but I was more speaking out of experience with the Windows GUI. 

Integration between this forum and TCP could be interesting. We'll look into it if it's possible somehow. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mark,

Why did you mark your own answer as the best answer to my question?

It is a bug and the problem is not fixed yet, right?! Please undo this and let me be the judge on the best answer to my question. I would like to have this issue on my radar until it is fixed.

After I received a solution for this problem and it is tested, hopefully we can close this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

No problem, removed the Best answer :wink:  

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Mark,

Can you please tell me what the status of this issue is?