Solved

Universal: task visibility in action bar

• 29 April 2020
  • 4 replies

The documentation tells me

the action bar contains buttons to add, copy, edit and delete rows, to refresh the data and, when applicable, to execute tasks

In this case, I only need the tasks. In the table variant, I disabled navigation, copy, filter, all those check boxes on the permissions tab.

Is the above supposed to make any impression on the look and feel of Universal? The goal is to have four buttons for four different tasks available to quickly execute one or another action.

icon

Best answer by Boudewijn 4 May 2020, 10:06

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

These buttons would be hidden by this configuration showing our designs and code. 

Maybe you could check the input the GUI receives from the network call to `I_UI_TAB` by using the browser tools(F12). In the result the `allow...` should be 0 in your case. 

Please report an issue in TCP if the input is right and the buttons are still visibility so we could investigate this issue.

I found that the issue I see is caused by my troubles with the reference to the detail variant. I just realized I was not looking at the variant, but the actual table. After toggling the switches on the table, the buttons on the action bar disappeared and the task icons are visible.

Only disadvantage now is, as long as the reference to the detail variant is not followed, that the actual table and all variants have those buttons turned off, not just in the app. If need be, I can work around that by introducing a view in stead of the variant.

Thank you for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Only disadvantage now is, as long as the reference to the detail variant is not followed, that the actual table and all variants have those buttons turned off, not just in the app. If need be, I can work around that by introducing a view in stead of the variant.

A hotfix is available to resolve this.

Yes, it is, and works as advertised. Can I change my “answer” flag?

Thanks for the quick action on this one!