Tasks and Cubes

Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Can anyone explain why table task parameters behave different in cubes?

It seems like that task parameters are only passed thru for primary key columns.

Or are additional settings required for this?

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Ok, no problem. At this moment I have other priorities.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi Harm,

If you don't mind, I will close this topic because there's no activity for over a month now. If you have any questions about this topic in the future, just let me know so I can reopen the topic.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
Not yet 100%, I need to prepare another test to simulate the issue.
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
@Harm Horstman has your question been answered?
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Can anyone explain why table task parameters behave different in cubes?

It seems like that task parameters are only passed thru for primary key columns.

Or are additional settings required for this?

Would you please describe the difference you mentioned and (faulty) behaviour you observe? Feel free to support your story with pictures or a short movie.

I would expect the GUI to work as you subscribe, both with or without a cube on the subject.

P.s. Is the PK value part of the drill down datasource in this case?
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
How do you like to receive examples? A movie?

Actually it is simple, we made a task which has 3 task parameters.

The task is linked to a table and the task parameters are connected to 3 columns is the table, but the PK key of this table is a based on a different (unique identifier) column.

If we run the task I would expect, it running a many times a the number of distinct combinations of the 3 columns which are linked as table_task_parameter.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
True. In general, when executing a task or report for multiple rows the execution will only take place for distinct combinations of the input values.

Please, provide some examples to clarify your question.
Userlevel 5
Badge +20
I understand this, but I think it should be possible when the distinct number of task parameter values of the concerned rows equals 1.

It is hard to explain in a few words, if needed I can show you examples to make it more clear.
Userlevel 5
Badge +5
Hi Harm,

A cube component shown a lot of data cells, which are linked to 0..* data rows of the subjects data source the cube is connected to. The task is executed on each related data row of the selected cell in the cube.

You can investigate which rows are concerned by double click on a cell in the Windows GUI to view the drill down data source.

I hope, this information is helpful to find out the input of the executed task.

Regards,
Erik