Solved

Tags in the community

• 22 February 2019
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Meta question.
How do I add tags to my questions/ideas? Or why am I not able to add tags to my questions/ideas?
icon

Best answer by Mark Jongeling 22 February 2019, 10:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
Hey Pim,

Is the 'Tags' section not visible to you? Then I think @Moller Toma can help you out.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3
No that's not it, it's there. The problem is, whenever i fill in some words, they are not shown as tags. Also when I have created a topic and click '+ Modify tags' it ignores anything I fill in.
Userlevel 7
Badge +23
No that's not it, it's there. The problem is, whenever i fill in some words, they are not shown as tags. Also when I have created a topic and click '+ Modify tags' it ignores anything I fill in.

You can add tags by writing a word, for example 'Tag', and pressing enter afterwards. The tag should then be created. Can you try this?

Edit: See this link: How to use tags . Hope it answers your question!
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Ah now I see.. You HAVE to follow every tag by a comma, tab or enter... I assumed it would take my string "Tag1[space]Tag2" and parse this correctly... Not cool, but now I understand
Userlevel 6
Badge +11
Hi @Pim

Did you read our how to: how to use tags

For more how to's, see Welcome to the Thinkwise Community

If it still doesn't work, I'd be happy to help you out.
Userlevel 3
Badge +3
Yes I got it to work now. No I did not read that article. Yes I agree that it is good to explain the concept behind tags. But I do not agree that the technical use of a text field should need to be explained.. and adding one tag should just work without comma, tab or enter