Solved

Tab header visibility - feature or bug

• 18 February 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

In the new 2020.1 version I've created a screentype with a detail tab.

In the screentype I've set the Show tab header to 'False’.

I've used this screentype on a subject, with multiple details.

I also created prefilters and a CONTEXT procedure on the subject, to hide or show detail-tabs according to the result of the prefilters.

When I select a different prefilter, the CONTEXT procedure nicely shows and hides the proper detail-tabs, but WITH the tab header.

Is this a feature or a bug?

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 18 February 2020, 14:13

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey Onno,

After selecting a record and the context is hiding details, do you have multiple details or just one detail? If there are multiple details it would be logical to have a tab header because otherwise there's no way to switch between them I think.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The prefilters where not (yet) in a prefilter group, so when I want to to change the results I switched on 2 prefilters, giving me no results and no detail-tabs, where after I deselected the first one, giving me the detail of the second prefilter with the tabheader.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think I recreated your bug/feature. I've also set Show tab header to False and upon opening my screen there's no tab header, but when switching rows (one forward, one back) I do see tab headers. I'm not sure if this could be considered a Feature. Nice find! Hope someone can help you out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Hi Onno,

Sounds like a legit situation to me. Could you provide some details about the GUI you are working with?

Regards,

Erik

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Windows GUI of 2020.1, is this what you mean?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Sound like a bug we have to fix in our Windows interface. Would you like to insert a ticket for this in TCP?

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Done. Ticket 74947.