Solved

Start a TeamViewer client

• 5 April 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In the past our Thinkwise application was mostly implemented with a Windows GUI. One of the menu items was “Online support”. This started a TeamViewer client (Quick Support). This was done with a task of type “Windows command”. In Object name the full path to the executable was specified.

Now we want to offer our software as a service (SaaS). Because executing a program with Windows command does not work on the web, I would like to activate https://get.teamviewer.com/jpdsonlinesupport. What is the best way to do this?

While there are still users of the Windows GUI as well, is there a way to determine in a task whether to start the executable (Windows GUI) or the URL (web GUI)?

Advise is appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Erik Brink 15 April 2020, 12:12

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

Maybe load the link in a Preview component?

You could offer a different set of tasks per GUI platform by using table variants started from a platform specific menu item. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi Erik,

Your second comment is clear, but what do you mean by load the link in a Preview component? Can you give an example of how I should do that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You could drag a preview component on your screentype in the SF which will present the result of the first found file or Url control in the subject. The preview component could present the web-address from your example to the user, so the user could directly go there to request support.

Is that a helpful solution for your business case? Else try to work with table variants as a mentioned earlier.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thank you for your explanation! The problem is that I do not have a screen. I just want to call a URL from a menu item. Is that possible?

Userlevel 5
Badge +5

You could configure a task in the SF like this:

The Object name refers to one of the task parameters surrounded by ‘ []’, providing the GUI the URL to navigate to.

Hope this helps you to solve this business case.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

More info can be found here: https://docs.thinkwisesoftware.com/docs/sf/tasks.html#windows-command